Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Power League

Despite being beaten by the Methodists last week, St John's FC decided to go ahead with our debut match at the Nottingham Powerleague last night. The story that was agreed at the end of the game to be relayed back to college was: We took the lead, Joel got a hat trick, we lost count of the score. All of these things are true, but incomplete. Truth is we got hammered 23 - 4. And we had subs, and they didn't. Apparently this match was to decide what league we should be put in. I think the answer is a pretty low one :-) I've never been to one of these places before and I was gob-smacked at the number of pitches and people there. Whoever thought this up must be minting it. 30 pitches, in use all evening, every evening, plus bar takings. There must be hundreds of guys go there every week.
On the plus side, I did win my first squash ladder game today. If it ever happens again, I'll let you know.

TimC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home