Saturday, October 21, 2006

I don't trust happy...

So here I am at the beginning of my first reading week, three weeks into my first term. An opportunity to catch breath and review where we've got to. One of the execs had a catchphrase when things were going well at work, and it looked like we were actually going to hit our targets, "I don't trust happy". I think that I must have got infected by this attitude because I've spent a fair chunk of the last three weeks waiting for something to go wrong. That's not to say that everything has been exactly to my liking, and there has been the occasional irritation, but in general I am enjoying myself immensely. I'm relishing the space and opportunity to read, to think and to spend time with God.

Having said that, I haven't had to get down to writing my first essay yet, I'm aiming to do that on Monday. The trouble is that having got some head space and energy to do some reading I've started ordering books from Amazon that I actually want to read, and only sometimes does that coincide with my reading list. For instance, I came across a couple of recommendations for "Blue Like Jazz" so I ordered it, and that is the first book I have read in reading week, despite it having nothing to do with the essay I'm meant to preparing for :-) It is fantastic - see my review on Librarything for more.

TimC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home