Sunday, October 29, 2006

Time to go back in the water

Reading week is nearly over, we start again for the 7 week stretch to Christmas tomorrow. What have I discovered over the last 7 days?
  • I can work whilst the kids are around. One assignment done (fundamentally on why most Christian men have foreskins whilst most Jewish ones don't). I do have to give credit to Liz and my mum for taking them out for long and exhausting walks while I got on with the reading.
  • Liz and I can play a game of Risk and I didn't end up sleeping on the sofa. I've never played this before, but always wanted to try it, so we bought a set. Didn't really realise the potential relationship destroying nature of the game until I prevented Liz getting complete control of Asia for the 5th turn in a row :-)
  • The Pilgrim Church in Nottingham has much more bling robes than the CofE ones. I went to an ordination service at this black majority Wesleyan Holiness church tonight. Absolutely fantastic gospel music and great encouragement seeing three young, black, men dedicate their lives to serving God and bringing the light of Jesus into the world.
Three lessons learnt (of variable importance), time spent with the kids and dinner out with the missus. All in all, a good first ever reading week.

TimC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home