Monday, October 16, 2006

Yes I am here too!

Managed to get on at last. So, what am I doing here? Tim is doing the studying....well, I seem to be pretty busy already. There are a couple of support groups at college for 'spouses' (ugh, hate that word, some places have renamed us 'spice', lol). One is on a Tuesday evening, called Focus, it's great as it is for everyone - so there's the young, old, girls, blokes, mums, dads, newlyweds, about-to-be-weds, and various other categories which defy labelling. So far it's been a social wine and cheesy type event to get to know each other then a sort of thinking about our own calling evening, which I found a tad uncomfortable as you had to write then share stuff like 'things I like about myself', 'things I am good at,' etc. The best thing mentioned here was definately the gal who said 'well...I quite like my boobs.' Queue uncomfortable blokeys. Anyway got through that one. Tomorrow they are going bowling, which I am avoiding as I am crap at bowling and have no wish to make fool of myself in front of aforementioned blokeys, so a faction of non bowling fans are going to the pub. Much better plan. :o)
The other Spice thing is a Wednesday morning bible study-coffee morning-natter thing. Nathaniel is in his nursery (it's on the college campus) then so I get to have a break and it seems like a great group of girls (this one is all girlies, tho not just mumsy types.) Seems like it's going to be a good support group - a prayer email goes round after every session, and it's v relaxed and informal.
Apart from that, I've been getting to know some of the other Spice, we've been going to various kiddy friendly places/each others houses and chatting about life as an ordinand wife/hubby. Lots of very positive stuff - seem to be making closer friendships now as opposed to all the 'where do you come from, what do you do' stuff of the first few weeks. Thank goodness for that - all that stuff gets v v wearing after a while.
I may also be doing a bit of work in N's nursery 'Little Peaches.' I've been asked to do some emergency cover tomorrow, as one leaders child is sick and the other on a course, and they need a qualified person - I fulfil that with my teaching. It's only for a morning but hey, it's getting paid, something I haven't experienced in years, and I may be getting more regular work there after Christmas. It's a fab place and I'm looking forward to that. Then in the afternoon we have a party of one of the college children in the common room, queue lots of children running round screaming, oh joy, then thankfully the pub later to go chill.
So that's part of what I'm up to - will fill you in more as I go along. :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home