Thursday, November 16, 2006

A couple of weeks ago we got a letter home from T's school asking for nominations for parent governors. I thought to myself 'maybe I should go for that.' Tim and various friends encouraged me to so I did, thinking that there'd be lots of applicants and I wouldn't be elected being new and all that. Errrrr, no. On Wednesday T came home with a letter saying there had only been 2 applicants and both of them were now..yes....parent governors. gulp. What have I done? Seriously, I'm very pleased and excited about this role, not sure what it'll be as yet but looking forward to being more involved in school. The head said she'll be having a chat soon with me and the other newbie, but the next big meeting isn't til February, so not a lot to do yet. Exciting stuff though!
Had another mornings work this Monday which was fun, and I'm officially on the supply list now. Hopefully after Christmas I'll get some more regular work there, it's great fun and N enjoys me being there 'working' with him.
N is going to be an innkeeper in his first ever nativity. Awwwww...can't wait. Not sure what T will be in her play yet. She's very excited about it, whatever it is!
Tomorrow I'm helping at the KWON sale, which is this huge NCT type sale at college, on a large scale, churches from all over Nottingham are involved and we spend all tomorrow night sorting out stuff and setting up, then the sale goes on all saturday. Hoping to pick up some clothes for the kids and other bargains, and should be fun, if very chaotic by the sounds of it. Basically a percentage goes to an orphanage (in Romania I think?) and the rest goes back to the seller, so there's a lot of keeping track involved.
off to play on the PlayStation :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home