Thursday, February 08, 2007

25% there

Well not quite, last day of this module is tomorrow, but that will mostly be revision for the exam on Monday, so I can safely say we have now done the material for a quarter of the modules I will do before leaving. And I've only been here five minutes, doesn't time fly when you're having fun.

The season of elections is now fermenting around the college. The presidential nominations go in next week. For some reason I appear to be being set up to be the Children's and Youth rep, which would be a new experience for me :-)

Today we had the last session of our Pastoral Care module. Bits of this have been challenging, as they have required more self-examination than the more academic modules. It has also bought home to me the privilege it will be to listen to people, support them and celebrate with them. Reflection on this privilege reinforces the sadness that we are generally so poor at doing this and at allowing others to serve us in these ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home