Monday, January 29, 2007

More Liz catch up..

Oops, time seems to have flown by again without me getting round to blogging. I did say I would report back on the New Wine Leaders Wives conference which was a couple of weeks back now, so thought I'd better get round to it before I completely forgot everything, as is my wont.
Brilliant. That do? Ok, I'll dig up more. Pretty nice hotel in Coventry, all got our own rooms (6 of us from college) with huuuuge bed, spa bath, all the luxuries, very nice indeed. And got time to indulge in some of the hotel facilities - sauna, pool etc, tho I didn't do too much of this as most of the time seemed to fly by with lots of ermmm well chatting really. Very nice, I must say, to have 2 mornings of getting up and putting on gmtv instead of cbeebies, and only getting myself ready, and having a bath without little visitors! Nice meals too.
So, the conference bit. Lots of good stuff really. I can see that it was a real oasis for some of the ladies who had some pretty horrible situations going on, to be able to talk about it with people who understand, and to pray together, and just to feel part of a big thing, was just great. I'm not 'out there' as such yet but there was so much stuff that was good for making me think about being prepared for when we do (which is only next year...aaagh!!) Lots of confirmation to me that this time is for resting and for getting to know God better, taking some time out for that, after the rush of the past few years, especially after having been so ill for much of the time, to now spend some time being seems so right, and it's been obvious in many ways that this is what I need to do right now....not to rush around so much for a while. Very liberating, realising that it is OK to do that. :o) A kind of preparation time.
The second evening was good, a gala dinner was put on where we all got in our posh togs and the conference room was transformed into a very nice dining room, and Michele Guinness did an after dinner talk. I've never heard her before, she has an amazing gift, very very funny and very deep too, you just hung onto her every word....she did a kind of run down of stories of leaders wives through the ages, and including a lot of her own experiences. Would recommend reading her books - good stuff.
Celia Bowring, wife of Lyndon (chairman of CARE) did the main talks which were on prayer. And there were various workshops etc. And of course a lot of time to relax and chat. Would definately go again, good place to have a reunion of the college girls too!
So, what am I up to now. well, from March I'll be doing a day in peaches every week, and more supply, so quite busy there, but in a nice way, and after easter N will be going to the school nursery every afternoon, so a big change there...he will love it, I will be bereft!! I'm not sure yet what I'll do with the afternoons, but have a few plans in the pipeline, but for now, just lots of being, praying and reading (and watching neighbours ;o))
We're planning another 'Together' event at the end of March which should be good and everyone seems very positive about, so look forward to that.
That's it for now...will endeavour to catch up more often.

1 Comments:

Blogger D said...

Sounds like my kind of heaven,no kids! Bliss.
Was Mary Pytches there?
Lots and Lots of Love
Allison xxx

8:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home