Saturday, February 23, 2008

Dad, I've got a peppercorn up my nose.....

No, really, that is what Nathaniel told me as I took him up to bed tonight. Now, I knew that he'd spilled some peppercorns out of a home made shaker that he'd been playing with. I could believe that he'd got a sneezy nose because he'd been sniffing them, but, had he really got one stuck up his nostril? A preliminary investigation later and I couldn't see anything but he was insistent. So, an extensive search for a non-existent torch ensued whilst nightmares of the local A&E on a Saturday evening began to play in my imagination. Wielding a bedside lamp at odd angles did give me a glimpse of something that looked peppercorn like, a reflection off a wrinkly, curved surface. How to get it out? Suck with a straw? That didn't work. Blow your nose Nathaniel, no, blow not sniff! Tweezers - oh no, it's going deeper. The spectre of a trip to A&E looms larger. One last go at the blow your nose technique. And oh, the joyful sight of a snotty peppercorn nestling in my hanky :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home