Friday, August 08, 2008

The first week

So we've all been here all week now. It's still a bit unreal as the kids are out of school so finding a "normal" rhythm of life is still a way off I think. Liz and the kids have been out and about, finding the library and museum. Tabitha and Nathaniel both got books out, and Tabitha got a book with a cardboard model of a castle to build from the museum. Photos to follow, if it ever gets finished :-)

I've been getting more stuck into parish life. I have now worn my new frocks. Photos to be avoided. I've also helped lead a funeral which wasn't as traumatic as I thought it might be. Also been buzzing around meeting and chatting with people who've lived and worked in the communities around here for a while. There are some real opportunities and challenges and I've just been getting more excited about what God's got for us here.

Looking forward to our house warming next week. The neighbours are going to bring their big gas bbq round and we're going to have a blast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home